In this article
Teams can be created in the Driver Dispatches section (Operations > Driver Dispatches > Manage Drivers in Operations).
Once your team is created, you can assign the team while creating a load just like you would assign a solo driver to a load. You can also assign a solo driver or team after a load is created from the Load List view. Please find these workflows and examples below.
Here are a few details to keep in mind before you get started:
- Teams will respect HOS rules
- Driver settlements are based on the miles driven per driver
- Payment terms can be defined for a driver when they are running solo or part of a team
How to Set Up a Team
Follow these steps to set up your team:
- Confirm the drivers are in Axele and Active by going to Assets > Drivers
- If you need to create a driver, click here to view an article to help you
- Select each driver (Assets > Drivers) and click the Payment Terms tab
- Within the Load Rate section, click Add Line Item and choose the appropriate Pay Type
- Make sure the Operation Mode is set for the Team so that Axele will calculate the correct driver settlement when this driver is part of a team
- Head over to Operations > Driver Dispatches and click the icon at the top called Manage Drivers in Operation (see Image 1)
- Click Create Team at the top right of the next page (see Image 2)
- Add the Primary Driver, and Secondary Driver, and click Create! (see Image 3)
Feel free to swap drivers around if they are part of a team already. Just select the existing team and edit.
Managing the Team: Driver Dispatches
After your team is created, you will see new rows within the Driver Dispatches Gantt chart that will show your team.
A team is signified by an icon with two people along with both driver’s names (see Image 4). A solo driver is signified by an icon with one person along with the driver’s name (see Image 4).
Our system is intelligent enough to keep you from assigning a load to a team if the solo driver already has a load during the respective time period.
Assigning a Load to a Team
There are two ways to assign a load to a team:
- New loads
- Within the Create New Load form (Operations > Loads > Create New Load), assign the load to a team at the bottom of the form within the Choose a Driver field (see Image 5).
- Existing loads
- Within the Load List view, click the gear to the far right of an Available/Planned load and select either “Assign to Driver” or “Plan Driver”, then select your team (see Image 6).
Driver Settlements on Completed Loads
Within the Financials tab, you can view each driver’s Settlement Expenses to make sure they are paid appropriately within the Driver Settlements section (see Image 7). These settlement expenses are calculated by Axele based on the Payment Terms within each driver’s profile. Learn more about Driver Settlements here: Driver Settlement – Axele Help Center.
These expenses are calculated based on the Payment Terms of each driver. Each driver can have different terms.